If this is your first vist to Milan, don’t miss the chance to vist not only the most well-known monuments and sights, but also some hidden corners of the town. In a two days tour you’ll learn a lot about Milan, its history, arts and tradition.
You’ll be astonished to see the Duomo. On its roof top there is even a terrace from where you can have a breathless view over the town.
La Scala Opera House is the International landmark of the world of the music.
You’ll admire Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, the most ancient shopping mall of the world.
Sforza’s Castle is the fortress of the Sforza family, who ruled Milan in Renaissance Age.
You’ll walk through the picturesque alleys of Brera Disrict to the skyscrapers of Porta Nuova District, some of them were built by Internationally famous architects. There you’ll admire the so-called “Vertical Wood”.
You’ll also visit the historical hospital of Milan in a XV century building.
You’ll see shrines of arts in the basilicas and walk by the shores the Navigli canals
– La Scala Opera House
– Duomo, the catheadral
– piazza Mercanti, the Medieval square of Milan
– Sforza’s Castle
– Brera District
– Porta Nuova Disctrict
– Ca’ Granda, the privious ancient hospital of XV century, now University
– Church of Santa Maria presso San Satiro
– Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore
– Basilica of Sant’Ambrogio
– Ticinese District
– Navigli canals
The order of the itinarary may be different in order to cope with the opening times.
The tour is meant to be a walking tour. The city center of Milan is rather small and mainly pedestrian. In any case, whenever you might feel tired, you can use taxi or public means of transportation.
In case you feel you need to have a car during the tour, I can provide a car and licenced driver.
Itinerary may be flexible if you like, please contact me if you have any special request.
To be agreed
Usually if you arrive by bus the meeting place might be at the Sforza’s Castle but if you feel you are more confortable we can meet at the Duomo.
Pick up at your hotel is possible if the hotel is in the city center, if your hotel is farer, this must be agreed.
I can also meet you at the airport with an extra charge. Transfer to and from airport can be provided by private car or bus and licensed driver.
6 hours per day for a total of 12 hours
3.00 euro ticket per person Duomo, (if you are a group of more than 5 people renting earphones is compulsory for visiting the Duomo and this cost 5.00 euro per person, you must tell me in advance in order to book them).
9.00 euro ticket per person La Scala Opera House Museum,
10.00 euro ticket per person Castle Sforza.
3.00 euro ticket per person Chapel of San Vittore in Ciel d’Oro in St. Ambrogio Basilica
2.00 euro compulsary offer to the Church of Santa Maria presso San Satiro
The guests can decide to visit only the sites of their interest.
What you need during the tour
– Confortable shoes
– Dress code for visiting the Duomo and religious places requires you are conveniently dressed (no sleveless T-shirts or dresses, skirts or troussers long until the knee), it’s advisable to bring with you a scarf to cover you in case of need.
– For visiting the Duomo please take care you don’t have forbidden objects such as cans (water is admitted), ceramics, knives, bottles of perfumes, tripod for photography, luggage… (you can read a complete list of the not admitted items on the official website of the catheadral)
– It’s advisable to have small bags or backpacks.
“Milan is a true metropolis: strong and fearless but welcoming, too. Little by little, I came to realize that I could become someone here”Giorgio Armani
Please write to me if you want to customize your tour or you have some requests.